Great decisión, Christo. You make us happy :D
BalkanExpress

Re: Balkan Models Schedule

Postby Mitkoudis » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:40 pm

A good news for the beginning of the week. Welcome back..... :D
Mitkoudis

Postby christo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Annual holidays between 26.7.17 and 10.9.17. I won't be able to reply to emails but viber and whatsapp available on +44 07999299041. Last posting day Monday the 24th.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:15 am

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3441 - Copy.JPG

There has been little demand for my products this year, consequently I have been working more and more in designing kits for Chartwell Models. This latest batch of 3d printed SAR models arrived yesterday. The metal overlays and detail hopefully before Christmas

christo.

PS. Happy festive season to all. Please father Christmas, I need a bigger shed :lol:
christo
Site Admin

Postby BalkanExpress » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am

Great to see in action the wooden shed!

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby christo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:28 pm

BM CG xmas18ny.JPG

Thank you my friend. One day I hope to house my retirement layout in there and work only for myself. But for now please allow me to send my seasonal greetings to all.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:45 pm

A few days ago, I succumbed to modernity https://www.facebook.com/balkanmodelsbiz/ ...and already someone blocked me. But who cares when there are friends around.

Brutus
christo
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:07 pm

A few days ago, I succumbed to modernity https://www.facebook.com/balkanmodelsbiz/ ...and already someone blocked me. But who cares when there are friends around.

Brutus

Dear Christo,

you should give a damn s$%& about such people!

Happy new year to you, your family and all the members of this forum.

Kind Regards
Andreas
Andreas

Postby christo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Dear friends,

I am not very keen on long and wordy texts so I will try to be as brief as possible and to the point.

Balkan Models has been my brainchild from its conception in 1986 to date. A brand that brought to you over the past 30 years four types of MLW, an Alsthom, a MAN railcar, a Ganz railcar (the one with those shameful bogies), an engine Shed, Number-plates representing every Greek engine class often in their entirety, Catenaries and other bits and pieces not forgetting a great number of commissioned carriages, and of course a FORUM.

In spite of the fact that I will be 60 this year and hopefully, God willing, a grandfather, I have for over a year now been looking to sell the company for two principal reasons:

a) As a ‘part time' day job earner my wages (having lost a lot in the development of the meter gauge MAN) cannot support potential new BM modelling projects.
b) Chartwell Models absorbs all my available time for their own projects.

Last Sunday I announced that I will be shutting the website down as a first step in either selling it up or winding it down. There was an outcry and a number of protestations were received by email, verbally and through skype. The gist of this outcry was NOT the end of Balkan Models (silly for me to expect that) but the end of the forum. Many suggestions were offered. Somebody asked for the contents of the forum to be given to him so that he can copy them and run them in another forum. Another person suggested that I give control of the forum, since they did not notice under which domain name the forum operated, to a group of new administrators and that I should step aside. Also, to be fair, one or two others understood my personal anguish and offered me solace, for which I am grateful. Lastly, for the person who said my intentions were not expressed clearly, please let me reiterate:

Balkan Models, which includes the kit designs, the tools, the stock, the forum is up for sale as a whole or in part. I remain open to any realistic offer, and though I wish to remain magnanimous, I am not in a position to gift the result of my labours. It won’t be a first that a company ends up unsold and gone for ever.
So I will reopen the forum as ‘members only’ for a definite time (say two months), continuing its financial maintenance till all opinions are expressed, spleens are vented and alternatives are sought. Let the discussion commence.

Regards,

Christo Georgadidis.
christo
Site Admin

Postby Georgegala » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Last edited by Georgegala on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Σ.Π.Α.Π. FOR EVER
Georgegala

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements