In Memoriam: Barry (Baz) Ward

In Memoriam: Barry (Baz) Ward

Postby christo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 pm

mh Christo & Baz - Copy.JPG

It is with great sadness that I have been informed by John that our good friend Baz has passed away. He was a true pioneer and a great inspiration and influence to me personally.
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... IFuf0M3nMU

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Re: In Memoriam: Barry (Baz) Ward

Postby JohnP » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:32 pm

This is very sad news. For someone like me who is a continent away from all the action, Baz’s work was a true inspiration - he did nice work with the rolling stock, but more importantly to me he did such lovely work in capturing the scene and feel of our beloved Greece and it’s railways.
JohnP

Re: In Memoriam: Barry (Baz) Ward

Postby John Edge » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:13 pm

I was so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, indeed, I had hoped the linked article (on RMweb) may be wrong (mistaken identity or something?).
Unfortunately, nothing has arisen to say this might be the case so RiP, Baz.
I first met Baz at the Nottingham show may be nearly twenty years ago and I was absolutely fascinated by the fact that someone, anyone had been able to build up a layout and stock to represent Greece! That was the first of several meetings and indeed correspondences until I, unfortunately, lost Baz' address during a house move. Megalo Horio continued to grow and develop and became a wonderful representation of Greece however.
I found Baz to be a really warm and friendly guy, he certainly helped me with my Greek modelling and he was definitely a 'character'! I understand he was quite a talented artist too and also involved with the running of the excellent York model railway exhibition where he will be equally sadly missed.
Farewell, Baz.
Cheers,
John.
John Edge

Return to Announcements