Balkan Models Schedule

Balkan Models Schedule

Postby christo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:15 am

Dear friends,

After careful consideration and evaluation of last year's financial performance, I have regrettably decided to return to my old teaching post. Due to a number of unpaid orders and reservations, all future kit building should be paid in full when ordering. The web site and forum will be maintained and all ready to run stock will remain available. All forum members will receive appropriately reduced sales prices.

Thank you for your continued support,

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Re: Balkan Models Schedule

Postby christo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello to all,

then we must open new Topic´s about "AEG Trainset 4/5" and "Electroputere A-551"
A ACME Hellas-Express 55090 needs for the Greek-line a ACME Hellenic Engine :mrgreen:

best regards Andy

My friend Andy,
there are two types of a project, depending on the way they are financed:
Amateur: The model-maker has a day job to support himself, so he prices his art as he likes (even at a loss).
Professional: The model-maker has no day job so he prices models dictated by market realities.
To produce an AEG or a Craiova (professionally) I would need a minimum number of people interested to pay upfront for such a model. At the moment there are about 10 interested people including yourself. More orders (and payment) will be needed.
By the way, I still have about £6000 of ordered models that remain unpaid, sitting in my work shop. That is why I now have a day job as well. The hope is that soon I will be returning solely to model-making but this time with a much diversified market. After all there are enough people now like yourself, Andreas, erail (I hope I am not forgetting anyone else) that are producing small runs of Greek models to satisfy the wants of a (very) small market.
Don’t get me wrong, I am grateful to so many of you for the support over the years. Balkan Models will carry on producing models. Gosa and Poznan carriages are coming soon pending mid-European politics and maybe the N7 war flat, if enough orders come my way. Over the last year I have been designing trams and narrow gauge stock for other companies and I hope to make more of it in the future, hence I am talking about diversification.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Balkanmodels Brass Plates,

I have now managed to stocktake all the steam loco, diesel loco, SEK and OSE plates. Please note that a few plates are still 10+ in stock. However most of the other plates are selling out while some are already sold out either because they were made in limited numbers or they were very popular. Please check availability before ordering.

Regards,

The Plate Man.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello friends,

I would like to inform you that I have now completed my one year teaching contract and currently enjoying my holidays in Chalkidiki enormously. From September I would be employed as a teacher trainer. This occupation would be on a part time basis which will leave me with considerable time for the running of Balkan Models. There will be many changes to the business, which I consider necessary for continuing to provide you with a good service. But more of that later...

christo
christo
Site Admin

Postby theo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Romanian lady for everybody... ;)
theo

Postby BarbaPanagos » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

:D :D :D

Theo, I knew what you would post, I am an ILLUSIONIST :mrgreen:

BarbaPanagos

Postby christo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 am

We started building and we will complete by Christmas the last MLWs using the last Bowser bogies we have in stock. Any MLWs after that will be priced accordingly to reflect rocketing prices of parts and labour. There will be also new prices for MAN and Ganz sets as well as Alsthoms in the new year to reflect new prices of motor bogies and power mechanisms.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Latest locos.JPG

These locomotives (and 4 four more that are nearing completion) will be offered for immediate sale.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 am

New Brass Models Plates Available:

O Gauge STEAM & DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE BRASS PLATES

Ga 21
Db 62
Dz 112
Da 64, 67, 70
Zd 341, 346, 349