Small Talk

Re: AA91 - AA100, 100, 1101 GANZ MAVAG DMU with TRAILERS

Postby christo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:54 am

...and for better model fidelity one could upgrade to these bogies...produced by TEE11.5

ganz 3d bogie1.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PB489 ... d=56766037

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 pm

334 euros for one bogie (yes it is one bogie....I proceeded with the purchase)???? :shock: Are you kidding us??? I was thinking of buying them because when I get back I will start my Ganz....I have to be honest and I will scratchbuild them for that money.

Kind Regards
Andreas
Andreas

Postby christo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:27 pm

The price indeed is a little high for a single bogie when one has to add the expense of replicating the other five bogies, one of which would have to be adapted around the Halling motor bogie. I would be happy to consider producing the 5 + 1 bogies required for the Ganz for around £100 for anyone who has a Ganz set but I doubt that there is sufficient demand for it. The reason as I said on many occasions in the past for using the Roco bogies was a financial one in keeping the costs down.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby BarbaPanagos » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 pm

I love the ROCO bogies :mrgreen:

BarbaPanagos

Postby jsimantov » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:21 am

Hi, I don't want to be rude or sarcastic (although with advancing age one becomes slightly cynical...), but are you sure the bogies sold by that Company are not gold 18k?

We'll all agree that railway modeling is far from cheap, and as the proverb goes, when you love you don't count, but I think we should at some point realize that there is a limit to everything "ΠΑΝ ΜΕΤΡΟΝ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΝ"
We are all lucky enough to live in rich countries, but with prices rising to those levels, we should not be surprised to see the number of railway modellers dropping every year...

At least this is my most humble personal point of view...

Anyway, Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to all!

Iossif
jsimantov

Postby christo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:37 am

Iossif,

There are always a lot of points of view with any issue. The problem with any new item is that there is always a danger of being copied. However, when I made the MAN seats using 3d printing technology I marked up my prices +20% which considering paypal payments and the Greek desire for bargaining, I thought it was reasonable. And if anyone copied the seats, well they would have had an inferior product. But as I said before (another sign of advancing years :lol: ) there are always lots of points of view.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby TEE11.5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Hello to everybody and happy new year.

I see that my bogies for the Ganz is again the focus of attention, sadly not for a good reason. I have said time and again, that anyone wanting a set of bogies for the Ganz can talk to me about prices and delivery, and me alone. I guess nobody pays any attention.

You are referencing my price at Shapeways which is not targeted to you and you make all kinds of theories for the whys and hows. I am even inclined to think that there is malicious intent behind all that, but perhaps I'm being paranoid. The price on Shapeways will remain as it is and there are reasons why, but do not concern you. Nobody directed you to buy from Shapeways at 330 Euro per bogie.

Thanks for the attention and best wishes to all.
TEE11.5

Postby christo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Happy new year to you too TEE11.5.

No need to get paranoid. You can mark up the prices of your products in any way you see fit. You can have two, three or more different prices according to who wants the product or where they shop for it. In general, you can adopt any business practice you wish and I hope it brings you success. However, please do not read malice where there is none. After all, and without wishing to be patronising, the customer is always right.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby TEE11.5 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:21 pm

My experience has shown that most people who write comments are usually not customers, so no, they are not in any way "always right". The people who read them could be and those are very easily misguided, especially since I have no intention to discuss pricing on an open forum. I can assure you however, that for the true customers of the Ganz-Mavag there is only one price. It may go up or down depending on production cost, but not by much.
TEE11.5

Postby jsimantov » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:14 am

Good morning to All,

Following the recent discussion on the prices of the Ganz-Mavag bogies, I believe some clarification is necessary in order to avoid drifting towards directions unwanted by everyone.

To begin with, there has been absolutely no intention to harm anybody's modeling efforts, whether they be amateur or commercial; this having been asserted, we will all understand that when we see an unrestricted (and I stress UNRESTRICTED) web page advertising a product of interest, the right to comment it stems from basic freedom of expression. Besides, if the vendor did not want everyone to see that particular page, the access to it would not be unrestricted, would it?

Just another thought, strictly personal this time: unless I am wrong, I tend to believe that members of an open forum are usually not classified, at least in writing and in the forum itself, into potential customers, commentators or whatever; of course everyone is free to consider a group of people under whatever perspective suits him, but that's his own affair. As far as I am concerned, and I repeat, I may be wrong or old-fashioned, a Forum remains a Forum, that is, a place where ideas are being exchanged, developed and discussed.

Happy, Successful and Prosperous New Year to All,

Iossif
jsimantov

Next

Return to Announcements