Small Talk

Re: Small Talk

Postby christo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Filakia

Filakia translates 'Kisses'

TEE11.5 has just kissed his membership goodbye.

Finally THE END.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby BarbaPanagos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:02 pm

BarbaPanagos

Postby BalkanExpress » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Sorry, but...I understand the meaning of the words and so on, but...what's the matter with this?

One artisan is working on a Greek model. He want to present it. It's interesting as other models to be shown in this fórum. Some others had done it.

Perhaps his words or attitude (i'm not making value of this) has offend the admin or anyone...and has to be advised. But models has to be shown freely, I think.

Regards

BalkanEpxress
BalkanExpress

Postby christo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:56 pm

Dear BalkanE,

I do not take the decision to eject someone from this forum lightly, though I have regrettably done it twice now in my time as the fat controller. However, the level of provocation and continuous personal affront I endured over time, on this forum and elsewhere by this member, forced my hand. However, all is not lost, since this particular artisan maintains a FB page and you, as everyone who wishes can keep up with his latest creations there, or even in a newly created forum run by himself.

I am not wishing to enter into a prolonged public dialogue of recriminations here, therefore my decision is final and this my last statement on this matter.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby BalkanExpress » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 am

Apreciate Christo,

Decision is taken and peace has to reign.

If anyone could comunicate that new fórum and FB page, I'll be gratefull to him.

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby STEFANOS G » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 pm

I feel that I have a relation to that post.
Many of you know that three years ago I revealed my decision to make a model of the locomotive Faur LDH70 or OSE A150 class. The truth is that I took this decision in 2008, starting collecting pictures and other details relavent to A150 class. In 2010 I performed geodetic mesaurments of the real locomotive in AIR in order to produce drawings of it. My efford to get drawings got nothing. It seemed that no drawings were available in OSE.
I was intented to follow traditional ways for this project (photooeching,miling,etc). The progress was very slow, and in 2012 summer, I promised Andreas Kapaklis to give him the drawings to help Limitbahn to produce an accurate reproduction of OSE locomotive in HO. I haven't keep my this promise because in the meanwhile I decided again to make it on my own. I feel that Andreas don't feel angry to me for that. Then Panagiotis TEE11.5, who is a friend of mine, suggested me to try the 3d printing method which was new then. We agreeded his payment and the project began. He made a very good job for the body of modell and dogies sideframes. At the end of 2015 I announced the cost of the RTR model and started to take orders, without asking prepaid and without promising fast delivery, due to my very busy time. Many modellers put orders. Panagiotis made also many posts here and in amnesia forum. I feel that I ought to be faster but my time is finite.
Then Christo unvealed the limitbahn model of OSE A150 which in fotos is very impressive and beautifull, and he began accepting orders , and offering the same price like me.
That was too much for Panagiotis special character, and expressed hishelf in an not so polite manner. I disagree with such exlposions. I believe that here members deal with their hobby and thats all.
Due to all that situation I started to visit this forum and I felt very nice for all that interesting topics.
I apllied for membership and Christos welcomed me. I told him that I wouldn't make posts for my, compentive to his one, model . He answered me that of course I can make posts for my model. His
reply made my day, two weeks ago.
I believe that we are a very small modellers community of a very special interest and must keep the unity.
So simple.
GReetings
Stefanos Goulakos
STEFANOS G

Postby BalkanExpress » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Apreciate forum members and some of you, my friends

A new time, thank you for taking care about me and opening my eyes in the distance. Some of you had taken your time in explaining me some things.

One by one, I'll ask for your sorry if you though I was defending Panagiotis ΤΕΕ, a man which I don't know and never talk (but modellistic, and he was simple polite) and met before. I just wanted to know about modellistic work and not taking part in a situation that I’ve never heard before.

I am so grateful to all you not only for these words and worrying but other examples in our knowledge plenty of friendly details, as for example:

Some of you opened your home’s doors
When I was a month without visiting forum, most of you wrote to me worried about my absence
You all know I was late OSE collector and you help in getting models, as that desirable red sleeping coach...
And things like that...

This makes me comfortable between you and happy in your knowing. You'll`probably had notice in long speaking hours (Theo had suffered most... ;) )

I noticed that man was not an easy man in forum, so, I feel worried you, my friend, would think I was defending him.

Nobility forces me. And here is my apologies

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby christo » Tue May 09, 2017 12:31 pm

I still have some more photos to post here. However I have been hesitating for a while since it is disheartening to see a number of my photos already posted in this forum continue still to be copied by others. Here is one of many examples:

IMG_1787 - Copy.JPG

...and what adds insult to injury is that there is a total disregard to the source (Greek text reads: Photos from Internet 'trawling'), as you see below :

IMG_1788 - Copy.JPG

I have never refused permission as long as the source/photographer is mentioned but...I am afraid from now on ALL my photos will carry a huge watermark. Unless of course someone can offer a better suggestion.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » Wed May 10, 2017 6:50 am

Hi Christo,

I understand your frustration. These are the risks nowadays with the internet and especially with facebook (although these posts are from a greek forum, which I recognise). For me the biggest problem are greeks...I can say that as I am one. When they see a picture they dont think...they just post it and say I found it but don't know were. It has happened to me also sometimes). I haven't seen that to that great extent in other nations.

Despite that I hope you will still post you valuable pictures here. For me this forum is a reference for Greek railway history and Greek railway modelling! :ugeek:

Cheers
Andreas
Last edited by Andreas on Wed May 10, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andreas

Postby christo » Wed May 10, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks Andreas. I was thinking something like that :twisted: .

1-001 - Copy.JPG

Unless a better way could be found or suggested. I haven't decided yet on how to proceed but I intent to take my time 8-) .

christo.
christo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements