US Convention

US Convention

Postby ellas2007 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 pm

For your information, I visited the US Convention (http://www.us-convention-brd.de ) twice in Germany near Frankfurt, the first time as a visitor and then as an exhibitor with a Finnish team. The experience was extremely positive. So, I intend to participate also next time and therefore I am looking for courageous modellers with attitude and commitment to join me. The application deadline is the end of November 2018, but preparation should start earlier. Someone would ask: “What does the US Convention have to do with Greek model railways?” The half of the motive power which we have in our collections are American (A-201, A-221, A301, A-321) and Canadian (A-451, A-501) models. So, we have a lot of information to share with the rest of the model railway communities. For instance, if we will talk there about the Greek Caterpillar, we don’t say “A-221”, but instead we use the global type definition “UM10B”. We could reserve two or three tables (size: 1.2x0.5m) with chairs in the workshop hall. If we have there an operating module layout or a static diorama, it would be a minor display detail for the attraction. Our theme would be "American and Canadian Export Diesel Locos," such as Alco, MLW, GM-EMD and GE-Caterpillar. Our team would be the "Greek Model Railway Interest Group", so the Greek flag would be on display at our booth because the organizer wants to present something exotic and rare (the organizer’s positive experience was recently with the Finns and I see an opportunity for us Greeks too). Because each of us must have other commitments on the show weekend (work, family, etc.), we would not need a full-time presence at the Greek booth. Nevertheless, it would be useful to occupy the booth with at least one or two people. Through the back door we can come in as exhibitors during opening hours and bring our own models. The main entrance with the cash register is only for guests during exhibition hours. The organizer can reserve hotel rooms for us at his expense. He covers also other additional costs after agreement and arrangement. (The total cost without accommodation would have to be estimated in advance.) The gauges and scales could be Z,N, TT, H0, 0, 1 and G with or without tracks/transformers and with or without modules/diorama. The presented rolling stock could be from the Balkans, Iberia or elsewhere, either as a ready-made model or conversion or brass kit or 3D printing or whatever you like. All well-documented sources of technical information on the Internet could be helpful. While we present ourselves to the Convention visitors as experts in this particular niche market, we could distribute self-published brochures and catalogs with technical data sheets and contact addresses (maybe collect some orders as well). This is the right place, where we would advertise more effectively our beloved hobby. The interested participants should contact me directly by email (likosjo@yahoo.com), because I am in communication with the organizer and I know his demands and expectations.
ellas2007

Return to Announcements