6521 - 6530 MAN DMU - 1990

Re: 6521 - 6530 MAN DMU - 1990

Postby christo » Mon May 16, 2016 5:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgegGB2A04A

Though there has been precious little interest expressed in my foray into HOm, nevertheless, I thought of sharing this video with you. It is not the finished model. I am already working on the changes for MK 3. However, it gave me such pleasure to see it running that I couldn't wait to share it with you all.

christo.

Note: The three dummy bogies are unsecured to the bodies (just gravity) and there is no coupling between the two cars yet.
christo
Site Admin

Postby Andreas » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Dear Christo,

I see some fine running there! This was always the problem of all the Greek Railway Modellers....a big mouth but when the time comes everybody hides..... :roll: Sorry for my rant....I stick with my order as usual. :mrgreen:
Andreas

Postby christo » Mon May 16, 2016 11:03 pm

This was always the problem of all the Greek Railway Modellers....a big mouth but when the time comes everybody hides....

To be honest, I didn't think SPAP models would sell for a variety of reasons but some situations in (modelling) life compel me to rise to the challenge. And this venture into HOm had become my most organized project to date, keeping records of time, photos (about 100 so far) of all stages of design, production, correction and general miscellany since February the 2nd of this year.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby BarbaPanagos » Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Christo it's great!!!!!! the detail looks so fine!!!!!!! and the movement too!!

it's a reason for one to get some HOm lines...
and the expectation for a future release of some SPAP coaches make those lines an absolute must!!!

BarbaPanagos

Postby christo » Mon May 23, 2016 12:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCfgfT5skE

Still testing...No couplings...And a major crash with a juggernaut... :lol:

I have implemented many improvements and corrections as well as necessary compromises to be applied to the next version of this model. But the road to completion is still long.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Sat May 28, 2016 7:47 pm

MAN couplers.JPG

These wonderful coupling devices passed with flying colours, so no more coupling tests. Next the brass pillars arriving from China to test the permanent connection of bodies - chassis - bogies. I will keep you informed of further developments as they happen.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 am

Friends,

I am now in a position to answer some of the questions you have been asking me, concerning what is on offer, prices, delivery etc.

Versions offered:

a) Basic 3d printed model, unpainted and powered with one Halling motor bogie (DC only) with electrical pick ups from two or four bogies.
b) As above but painted
c) Basic 3d printed model, unpainted and powered with one Halling motor bogie (Plug + Decoder for DCC) with electrical pick ups from two or four bogies.
d) As above but painted
e) Basic 3d printed model, unpainted and powered with one Halling motor bogie (Plug + Sound Decoder for DCC + headlights/sidelights/interior lights) with electrical pick ups from four bogies.
f) As above but painted
g) Basic 3d printed model, unpainted and unpowered with no cut out for the motor bogie running on four bogies as a dummy.

Please note that all wheels are 9.6mm on isolated HOm axles. Laser cut glazing and decals will be provided/applied to all unpainted/painted versions.

Please also note that there will be no HO standard gauge versions produced, since this will destroy the integrity of the model.

Price range:

These models will start at £500 and will go up according to specification. Deposits will be necessary. Forum members get them post free.

Delivery times:

If everything goes to plan, I hope to start delivering unpainted models around September and painted ones around Christmas, though that might depend upon the workload of others.

Photos:

There are a lot of photos available. However, I only 'cleaned' specific parts of the printed model, since the purpose of its production was to check mistakes, clearances, functionality, etc. It would be misleading to show photos now that will not represent the model's final guise. But as I said, they are available, if someone is desperate to see.

Some orders have been taken already so all I have to do now is wait for yours ;)

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

The tests and alterations are still in full swing...

MM108.JPG

Oopsie! In some specific track formations the levers of the Bemo points foul the MAN1 apron. I will have to make this apron a mini skirt :lol:

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:41 am

I will have to make this apron a mini skirt :lol:

I tried but... :cry:

MM114.JPG

A warning to potential buyers: DO NOT use power tools on the model, or take better care than moi :oops: .

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby Olympus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Olympus

PreviousNext

Return to Greek Narrow Gauge Diesel & Electric Motive Power