Modelling Projects / Barbas

Re: Modelling Projects / Barbas

Postby R-460 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:41 pm

BarbaPanagos,

your containers are looking great! Thank you also for giving details e.g. the colours you have used and the idea with additional weight. Without this additional weight, it seems to be no plesure to watch the Mehano Doppeltragwagen rolling, the are often subject to derailment, especially when pushed, as I have read in a German forum. But I think that's no problem for you, you want them loaded with your good-looking green containers :mrgreen:
Another problem with the mehano carriers could be the plates covering the articulation in the middle, which sometimes cause derailments in curves, but in this case it seems to be enough to bend the edges a little bit :)
You are absolutely right with what you said about the price. I don't know wether the ACME Sggmrs are an alternative. Although they are made from metal and have some extra features (e.g. you can choose if you want to put container pins in activated or deactivated position), in my opinion, they don't look so much better to justify a price of about 80 EUR (with 2 containers). And the levers for changing the brake adjustment are just printed on the model, like Mehano :(

I wish you success for the work that is still to be done,
All the best,
Stefan
R-460

Postby BarbaPanagos » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:22 pm

thanks Stefan, especially for the info about the Mehano wagons. Is there any comment at the German forum about their performance when loaded?
I have to mention that the tip about the Mehano models came from Christo. He also has some ready made Herpa 45ft Consent Leasing containers that are no longer available.
I hope he'll post a photo when he's back ;)

I strongly agree with your comments about the price!
Anyway, a new model has been announced from ACME with a 45ft CL container, I'd prefer though to have two of them, like the ROCO 66597 with the GARTNER containers...

ACME - Catalogo Autunno 2014.pdf 2014-10-05 18-55-02.jpeg

It would have been better if it was coming together with the UNIT45 container as they have been spotted down here. The VAN DIEREN, I haven't seen them, live or in a video till now.

BarbaPanagos

Postby R-460 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:29 pm

It seems that we should open a new topic "International intermodal transport - original and 1:87" :)
To answer the question about the Mehano wagons: it seems that problems only occur when they circulate unloaded or loaded with other containers (not the original Mehano) without additional weight.
That's good news from ACME, but for me it's not worth buying it just for the container ;)
The VAN DIEREN containers seem to be mostly on the north-south route from the Netherlands to Italy.

All the best,
Stefan
R-460

Postby BarbaPanagos » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:55 pm

coming soon ;)

yellow: 45'
orange: 40'

TPAINOSE CONTAINER 02.jpg
BarbaPanagos

Postby BalkanExpress » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Are you, BarbaP, prepairing a big batch of containers for your modellistic friends? 8-) 8-) 8-)

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby BarbaPanagos » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:32 am

I'll try to figure out a way to please my friends :D

BarbaPanagos

Postby BalkanExpress » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 am

BarbaP, are you rising up some kind of intermodal&logistics h0 entrerpise????

PLease. DO NOT forget the interesting project 4) Decals for the exDB 5040 035-7 & 036-5 Bcm carriages to convert the AlphaTrains DB coaches the same way as in prototype. I think is something easy for you (you are so active, that you change easyly from OSE 'winged logo' to 'TrainOSE' one ;) ;) ) and we will enjoy a lot with this new version.

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby kostas_bakelas » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:10 am

Hi Barbas,

A really wonderful post. Very beautiful work, I really like it :)

Kosta
Κωστής Μπακέλας / Κostas Bakelas (Art in Scale - Lummerland)
Χρόνιος μοντελιστής - αιώνιος σιδηροδρομόφιλος
Fb1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Artinscale/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMx5w ... L25VkdPbqQ
kostas_bakelas

Postby BarbaPanagos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:30 pm

thanks Kosta, I do what I can, although my modelling skills are far from yours and some others of the fellows in here...

Adelardo, you're right so I've just changed my avatar :D
anyway I eventually had to remove the "smoking Jolly Roger" as it's more than 18 months that I have quit smoking too...

BarbaPanagos

Postby christo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:39 pm

BarbaP, I think you may have considered my latest model for an avatar. Nice and simple, no bogies, just 2 axles. :lol:

christo
christo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Members Modelling Projects, Layouts & Collections