SEK A7 - V36.1 of the DRB. Protype and Modelling

Re: SEK A7 - V36.1 of the DRB. Protype and Modelling

Postby BarbaPanagos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:30 am

nice find Andreas, it's going to look great at your Pithio layout!
I won't follow you this time. as my layout is going to be a late 90's - early 2k one, 374 Euro is too much for a little engine rusting at one of my side lines :mrgreen:
I'll just seat and wait for your progress, probably saving for an ESU Krupp to shunt my wagons ;)

BarbaPanagos

Postby Andreas » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 am

Since you found out, which the kit is, we go on!

So...the kit is from Weinert. Why Weinert when there are a number of other cheaper V36 on the market? Our A7 remained in Greece after WWII...so it means it was in original condition. Most of the models of the V36, like the Roco variant that I have, represent the ep.III version which has a different front and other different details. The only model of an ep.II version is Weinert. Moreover Weinert can supply directly RP-25 Finescale wheels and the gearbox with a Faulhaber is not a bad choice... :mrgreen: Though it is quite expensive with 360€ (although I got it much cheaper).... :roll:

The kit consists mosty of Whitemetal parts for the body and lox wax brass detail parts. As I wrote I chose the luxus-version with RP25 Finescale wheels and a Faulhaber. It is quite an easy kit, even for beginners as the chassis is ready (Whees, gearbox and motor in place) so no difficult alignments etc. Though most people would like to glue the kit I made my desicion to solder it completely....of course all the soldering will be done with 70 deg. low melt solder....

20130929_130333.jpg
The contents of the box. You can see the ready chassis. I tested it and it is quite a smooth runner!

20130929_185119.jpg
The basic chassis has an outer detail chassis from white metal. Here the basic parts of the outer chassis have been cleaned up a ready for soldering.

20130929_200231.jpg
After 30 Minutes the whole stuff has been squared and soldered together. Soldering with low melt solder is actually much more easy than brass although most people are afraid...so I find.

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas

Postby christo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 pm

BM CG A 7.jpg

Photo Balkanmodels: Loco A.7 surrounded by other small diesel locos as well as mainline steam locos by the infamous sidings next to the SOM Shed in Thessaloniki. There were more locos photographed ;)

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:55 pm

xchn.jpg

Model at http://mikrotreno.blogspot.com/p/7-v36.html

yzi2.jpg

Photo of original at the same site.

The model looks very good and I have sent them an email but received no reply. Could anyone offer any more information?

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:14 pm

BM CG A7a.jpg

Photo Balkanmodels: Since I asked the question about the A7, I would like to tell you that I did once many years ago conversions based on the Lima model but my transfers do not look now as nice as those in the model in question. I also wonder if this model had originally, white writing, and/or SEK number plates. But no photos :cry: to show one thing or another.Unless Iossif remembers anything ;)

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby theo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Christo ,
I also did a question not only for the A7..for other stuff that being on his site..but as you said with no relpy..there is also exist a video on youtube about A300,the steps of conversion, but the result stays on first step..once i asked erail if exist mikrotreno and the answer was Yes...but never asked further informations..
theo

Postby theo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:28 pm

theo

Postby BalkanExpress » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:34 am

Watching the A300 video for the Electrotren's conversion, (as I can't read Greek) I didn't understand why they cut the loco in so many parts, both front and rean cabin from body when ALCO it's so similar in both countries with minor details in difference (national lights and buffers)

Regards

BalkanExpress, so puzzled with the conversion
BalkanExpress

Postby GAZKGK » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am

christo wrote:
BM CG A7a.jpg

Photo Balkanmodels: Since I asked the question about the A7, I would like to tell you that I did once many years ago conversions based on the Lima model but my transfers do not look now as nice as those in the model in question. I also wonder if this model had originally, white writing, and/or SEK number plates. But no photos :cry: to show one thing or another.Unless Iossif remembers anything ;)

christo.

A 7 had writing with the SEK logo (as in the photo of the model you posted) and the number (A 7) but the color was yellow, not white.

There were also not any SEK numberplates, at least towards the engine's end. But i guess that after World War 2, they wouldn't be so much interested in creating new SEK numberplates for some small and non-important engines whose only use in their short life in SEK would be to shunt inside Thessaloniki.

I will upload one more photo of A 7 in the afternoon.
GAZKGK

Postby christo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:31 pm

I will upload one more photo of A 7 in the afternoon.

...we never got that upload. Additionally does anyone know the Works Number of this locomotive?

christo.
christo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Greek Standard Gauge Diesel & Electric Motive Power