German Railways DB

German Railways DB

Postby christo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 pm

BM CG DB May89a.jpg

BM CG DB May89b.jpg

BM CG DB May89c.jpg

BM CG DB May89d.jpg

All photos Balkanmodels: May 1989. A quartet of DB motive power units at Hannover HBF.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Re: German Railways DB

Postby 2143 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:09 am

Hello christo, :)

the last photo shows a Diesellocomotive of the V 160-Family. These engines were built from 1960 to 1969. One of them was the legendary locomotive called "Lollo".
Best regards to you

Erwin

Postby BalkanExpress » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:35 am

Great photos full os taste! Love that decoration, that period was lovely for all railways.

Some photos from the same station, Hannover Hbf, and 'same' locos, half month ago. A pity it's all standarised...

DSC06296bis.JPG
V218 in Regio service. Hannover Hbf. June 2013

V218 in Regio service. Hannover Hbf. June 2013

DSC06298bis.JPG
Some V218 in reserve. Hannover Hbf. June 2013

Some V218 in reserve. Hannover Hbf. June 2013

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby 2143 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Hello Balkanexpress, :)

The V 160-locomotive-Family especially the legendary locomotive called:"Lollo" was a very good construction . It`s sad, that a lot of these engines are sold to private railway companies,
for example sersa. This company is a track and railway building company.
By the way: Siemens-Adtranz has built a new locomotive called:"Vectron".
I`ve never seen such a ugly locomotive!
I`ll hope,you agree with me.

Best regards

erwin

Postby Dimitris » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 am

Hello people.

Very nice fotographs of the german locomotives. Amazing! I like alot the V218!

I present here in the DB - section, the gradual upgrade by P87 standards, that I do to my german opened wagon (Hochbordwagen / wagon tombereau) with Y25 bogies / trucks (Drehgestelle / carelli), of the type: Eaos106 from LIMA 1991. I do it graually, because I want to find more technical information about it. The Eaos106 was only in the DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), and LIMA in 1991, made the mistake of same chassis and body-shells for the Eaos wagons of the FS, SNCF, SBB CFF FFS, ÖBB.

A. The upgrade of the buffer-beam (plank) (Pufferbohle) consists of:
1. Screw-couplings (Schraubenkupplungen / Atellage a vis) out of brass, blackened, from WEIMANN HO (1: 87) - ALREADY INSTALLED.
2. Hooks out of 0.3mm-brass wires - soldered underneath the coupling-plates -holes (mentioned below), to protect the couplings and the other parts of the bufferbeam, when hanged on them, during train movements according to the prototype - ALREADY INSTALLED.
3. Coupling-plates (Kupplungsflänsche / plaque d'attelage) out of etched nickel/silver, from HOfine HO (1: 87) - ALREADY INSTA LLED. I used them, as LIMA never had in its models, like other compoanies, i.e. ROCO, FLEISCHMANN, LS MODELS, etc..
4. Airbrake-pipes (Bremssläuche / Accouplement de frein) out of brass casting (Messingguß), from WEINERT HO (1: 87) - ALREADY INSTALLED.
5. UIC - Shunting-steps (Rangierertritte) out of etched nickel/silver parts, from ÜDO BOHNLEIN HO (1: 87) - ALREADY SELF-CONSTRUCTED TO BE INSTALLED AFTER BUFFER ASSEMBLY.
6. Shunting handrails (Rangierergriffe): I used already bended brass handrails of 0,3mm-diameter (WEINERT HO (1: 87)), in which I have hammered their ends, to make their circular shape as orthogonal and wide. Then I used a needle on my hand-'archimedes'-drill, to make small holes on them, for passing through 0.3mm-brass wire. Then I have soldered the wire, and then I have cut with a smooth cutter (that makes they area that is cut very smooth) the excess. And then I have added them with super glue (but carefully with a needle, for not having excessive glue) below the buffers - ALREADY SELF-CONSTRUCTED TO BE INSTALLED AFTER BUFFER ASSEMBLY.
7. High-power buffers (Hochleistungspuffer) out of brass with bufferplate-size: 450mmx340mm, and bufferplates welded (Puffereller geschweißt), from WEIMANN HO (1: 87). This buffers are made with 2 bufferplate-sizes: 450mmx340mm (mainly for freight wagons, i.e. OSE Z3 / Gbgs, OSE Z5 / Gbgs-v and some locomotives) and 550mmx340mm (mainly for locomotives, i.e. the OSE ADtranz A471-496). They are also constructed in 2 different bufferplates, either screwed (Pufferteller geschraubt) or welded (Pufferteller geschweißt). They also have a length of: 620mm to prototype. - NEED TO BE PURCHASED
8. Buffer plates before buffers (Spannplatte) out of brass castings (Messingguß), from WEIMANN HO (1: 87) - ALREADY HAVE, BUT NEEDED TO BE ASSMBBLED WHEN BUFFERS PURCHASED.
9. New handrails (Griffstangen) on the 2 sides of the bodyshell. They can be constructed by 0.3mm - brass wire. However, the ends with the holes, will recieve 0.2mm brass-wire and not a 0.3mm one.
10. Ankers (Seilanker) at the sides of the chassis - PROBABLY FROM WEINERT.
As you see from the first photo, the one side of the bufferbeam was broken during upgrade, so I reinforced it with etched-brass (left as spare from the brass-kit TA60). Also, the photo before the last, is a kit of Eaos106 in HÜBNER O SCALE, built ftom metal and plastic parts.

B. In the upgrade of the brake-system (systeme de frein / Bremsanlagen) the plastic moulding must be removed and the following to be added:
1. Cylindre du air (Bremszylinder) out of brass-castings and Balancier (Bremshebel) out of etched nickel/silver (Messingguß), PROBABLY from CN-MODELL HO (1: 87).
2. 0,5mm - brass wire (laiton fil / Messingdraht) for the connections of the brake-system to the airbrake-pipes (Accouplement de frein / Bremssläuche) from WEINERT - ALREADY INSTALLED AND SOLDERED TO THE AIRBRAKES, BUT NEED ALSO TO BE SOLDERED TO THE NEW BRAKE-SYSTEM ON THE MIDDLE, WHICH I WILL CONSTRUCT.
3. The Distributeur (Steuerventil) - I HAVE TO SEARCH FOR IT, because the CN-MODELL, is not the accurate one.
4. The Reservoir du air (Luftbehälte) out of brass-castings, PROBABLY from CN-MODELL HO (1: 87).
I saw some examples of the upgraded Omm opened 2-axled wagon in HO, and a kit of Eaos106 in HÜBNER O SCALE, built ftom metal and plastic parts.

C. Exact wheelsets to the prototype:
FREMO : 87 / PROTO: 87 blackened nickel/silver wheelsets - 10,6mm in diameter (type: BA88/72 - construction-year after 1972) from WEIMANN HO (1: 87) = 920mm exactly to the prototype - ALREADY INSTALLED TO Y25 BOGIES / TRUCKS (made by RIVAROSSI). The Y25 of the prototype, is of the type: "ANF" (2 last pictures) constructed out of steel sheets (geschweißte Ausführung).

With more progress of it, I will send more photos.

Thanx very much for watching

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 am

The robust old brake-system is already removed for the new detailed one to be installed.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:24 am

29.09.2013. Some pics of the ready completed brake-system as well as the bufferplank ready, with buffers + shunting-handrails + shunting-steps, for the Eaos106 of DB.

I didn't install the 2 different in length air-reservoirs / Luftbehälte, as they weren't exact as the prototype. I may find them from spare parts of Eaos/Eanos of ROCO HO.

Image As you see in the last pic, one of the buffers is missing, but I can replace it. It slipped a little glue during construction-upgrade.

Thanx

Dimitri

P.S.

1. Handrails by 0,3mm wire must be fixed for the body.
2. I try to find this brown color, so as to paint the upgraded parts, as I don't have this exact brown color.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:04 pm

coupled

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby BarbaPanagos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:24 am

good work Dimitri, with all this fine detail you have added it has to be displayed upside down :D

BarbaPanagos

Postby Dimitris » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 am

Thanx Panagiotis.

It took me from Friday - 22.30 to Saturday - 4.50, to construct the brake-sytem, underneath the chassis, and about 2 hours on Saturday night to fix the buffers and couplings. The about 7 hours on Friday, was diffcult, as it needed most of the parts to hold them down carefully for not moving. However, I have enjoyed it.

I used for soldering, the following solder: Sn45/Pb45/Bi10, it includes: 45% - Sn + 45% - Pb + 10% - Bismuth, and it is very good for soldering brass parts, as well as it has good fatigue resistance. It melts at 145degrees Centigrade, and I put my 60W soldering-station at about 280-300degrees Centigrade to solder.

The parts that look silver are out of etched Nickel/Silver (Neusilber geätzt), and the ones that look gold are out cast-brass (Messingfeinguß).

I didn't use the solder: Sn96 / Ag4, which includes 96% - Sn + 4% - Ag. I always use that for soldering the back of the screw-couplings (Schraubenkupplung / άγγιστρο) that they hold the coil-spring by a 0,3mm - brass wire, as I have shown on previouw posts. This particular solder, makes strong-joints, and melts at 221degrees Centigrade. However, I use 300degrees Centigrade with the the soldering-station.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Next

Return to European & World Trains