German Railways DB

Re: German Railways DB

Postby Dimitris » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 am

Hello.

Last parts for my Eaos106 of the DB installed, as I promised:
a./ Side anchors (Seilanker) [WEINERT] (red arrow) - out of cast brass.
b./ Boards (Zettelhalter) [UDO BÖHNLEIN] (green arrow) - out of eched nickel/silver.
c./ One buffer missing [WEIMANN] (blue arrow) - out of brass.
d./ Side beams U-profile to support the brake-system - parts [UDO BÖHNLEIN] - out of eched nickel/silver. These weren't installed, as they were too narrow and short, as to be installed. However, I may by some ready U-profile out of brass from http://www.hassler-profile.li.

However, the wagon is complete - 100%. These parts are already painted now. I will post more pics of them painted.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 am

Hello.

Last parts of my Eaos106 painted:

The Zettelhalter wa not painted, because is the same in color as in prototype.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby BarbaPanagos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 pm

good work Dimitri, the in scale couplers and buffers are just fantastic :)

BarbaPanagos

Postby Dimitris » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanx Panagioti.

In fact they are workable / funktionable, too, so as to work exactly on curves, when passing through the diverging tracks of the turnouts, and slopes/gradients.

So, in every upgrade by P87 standards, I always construct the standard distance (min 3,9mm) between the end of the bufferplate (Pufferteller) and the end of the coupling-hook (Zughaken), according to the following sketch:

If this distance:

1./ is either just a little more than >3,9mm (i.e. 4,1mm), then is OK.
2./or is too much >>>>3,9mm (i.e. 4,8mm, 5,1mm, etc.), then the buffers would be too stiff - pressed and the rolling-stock won't turn on bends and turnouts.
3./ or is lower than <3,9mm, then it's still OK, because it's lower.

The main thing is to keep this distance (lower < 3,9mm > little more), such as the bufferplates touch each other and NOT press each other. That's how I have constructed the couplings of my wagons till now, for not having any problems on curves, turnouts and slopes. And I will still keep that to every different type of European rolling-stock with conventional couplings (buffer & chain).

The radii may start from 919mm-1000mm - minimum, BUT more exact is the 1000mm = 87m in prototype.

Thanx again :D

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Hello.

LIMA HO (1991) DB Eaos106, Epoche IV - last upgrade. Addition of vertical beams of profile "L" on the chassis (Rahmen des Untegestells), as I have promised:

unpainted:

painted:

I didn't have to use vertical beams of profile "U", as they weren't the same as per prototype. The profile "L", I had it as an excess part from HAXO, from the automobile transport wagon ΤΑ60.

Now is 100% ready, finally.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Hello.

I have corrected the springs of the screw couplings on my second Fad167 hopper wagon (Selbstentladewagen) of the ex-DB (Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IV. I mentioned that on previous posts on this section. I have used 2,0mm - dia. - steel springs from WEINERT MODELLBAU. They are the best.

The distance - between the end of the bufferplate and the end of the coupling-hook - on both sides is counted 4,0mm, almost reaching 3,9mm. So, it's OK.

I will post more pics of the handrails of both the 2 Fad167s, that I patented 3 weeks ago.

As I mentioned in previous post, these are arlready now completed, but they need detailing on the brake-system. I will wait from UDO BÖHNLEIN to produce the KE Bremsanlage for UIC freight wagons.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:22 am

Good morning.

Last correction of the middle of one side of the bufferplank (Pufferbohle). of the open wagon with high-sides DB Eaos106 Ep. IV. The other side is ΟΚ. This part in the middle, was broken, one year ago (before the upgrade by P87 standards started) and was replaced by Pertinax of thickness 0,5mm (red arrows).

I want to inform also, that the last (not operational) detail-part, which will be added on the ground of the body-shell of the wagon, is the following: http://www.wagenwerk.de/h0de/lindenholz ... boden.html. You all may ise it as well to your opened wagons with high-sides, i.e. Omm, Es, Eaos, Eanos.

Sorry, about all the corrections, but that wagon had a lot of thinking, so many corrections had to be made during its upgrade.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello.

About the handrails of the body-shell of both my DB Fad167s, LIMA HO:

Fad167a:

Fad167b:

As I have mentioned the only NOT OPERATIONAL details of the brake-system (Bremsanlage) according to UIC that the wagons need is the KE-GP-Bremsanlage: 1955 S Knorr-Bremse mit Einheitsbauart (KE) für Personen- und Güterzüg from UDO BÖHNLEIN HO. Their price will be added, when they are produced.
- Bremsgestänge 1, für KE-Bremsanlage, Neusilber geätzt, http://www.wagenwerk.de/h0de/fahrzeugba ... nlage.html
- Zylinderhebelführung, für KE-Bremsanlage, Neusilber geätzt, http://www.wagenwerk.de/h0de/fahrzeugba ... nlage.html
- KE-Bremsanlage, Messing-Gußteile, http://www.wagenwerk.de/h0de/fahrzeugba ... teile.html
Here I present according to UIC: Air-cylinder (Bremszylinder) [red arrow] + distributor (Steuerventil) [blue arrows], both of the type of brake-system ΚΕ, of the Ι8 (ΟΣΕ) / Eaos (Romania 1979) with Y25 bogies of the welded type (geschweißte Ausführung), type of caps: AFN operational-number: 5310 286-4, Rentis, 02.10.2013. The distributor is exactly the same with brake-sytem - type Hik (Hidelbrand-Knorr 1931), however the air-cylinder is differnet in shape and takes less Air-volume for the piston (inside it) to push the rods (Zugstangen) on the brake-'backs' (Bremsbacken).
ImageUIC - Bremszylinder der KE Bremsanlage
ImageUIC - Steuerventil der KE Bremsanlage
This type of brake-system all the UIC-wagons have, i.e. Eaos, Fad, Habils, Rilns, etc..

I will post them, when they would be ready.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 am

Hello again.

Last part added (red arrows), whiuch was broken, when existed as plastic, only on one wagon and replaced by: 2 x 0,3mm - etched brass parts + 1 x 0,5mm brass wire - soldered.

It's not painted yet. I will post some pics, when it will be painted.

On those 2 wagons, only the KE - brake-system needed to be added, when it will be produced, as I mentioned on previous posts.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Hello.

Last part added (red arrows), whiuch was broken, when existed as plastic, only on one wagon and replaced by: 2 x 0,3mm - etched brass parts + 1 x 0,5mm brass wire - soldered.
- PAINTED as I promised.

Thanx

Dimitris
Dimitris

PreviousNext

Return to European & World Trains