Im Memoriam: Mastro Ntinos Vasilopoulos +9.1.2014

Im Memoriam: Mastro Ntinos Vasilopoulos +9.1.2014

Postby Andreas » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:05 am

Good Morning to all of you,

yesterday night some sad news reached me.On the 9/1/2014 at 15:00 Greek local time our Greek Railwayfan community became poorer. Its most respected member of our time Ntinos Vasilopoulos (also known as Mastro-Ntinos, Leventogeras) passed away at the age of 90. Everybody in the Athens club and beyond knew him. I personally got to know him in 1998 when I moved to Athens. We had many get togethers in the club and also outside listening to his endless, always interesting stories...some of them quite spicy ;) His kindness was unsurpassed and he was a really charming personality. You could talk with him about everything! His sharp spirit were an inspiration for all of us.

Although he was a professional driver (lorry and bus driver during the 50s,60s and 70s) his great love were railways and especially Steam Locomotives. During the 90s he and 3 other member (Fotis Likomitros, Giannis Zartaloudis, Spyros Papandreadis) of the SFS did volontary work to restore DK8001 of the Diakofton Kalavryta Railway.

You will always be rembembered as the last REAL Gentelmen of our small circle! I am thankful that I had a chanche to know you and I will always remember you! R.I.P. Leventogera!!!!

My condolences to his family

Kind Regards
Andreas
Andreas

Return to Announcements