Hungarian Railways, MAV, GySEV

Re: Eams?

Postby Andreas » Thu May 07, 2015 5:23 pm

This gondola is currently produced by Albertmodell in Hungary.

https://albertmodell.wordpress.com/?s=Eams

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas

Re: Hungarian Railways, MAV, GySEV

Postby BalkanExpress » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:03 am

When you come to visit a neighbour country (I feel as Greek as you feel!) and you contemplate that your old trains are cared and still working...where are our A251-261 GANZ ones?

Diesel GANZ locomotive 418 serie is still visible in every station in Hungary

I remember all you when I saw those all ladies still rolling!

Long live to the old GANZ rockers!

P1060782BIS.jpg
The Upper Balkan serie. Picture 1: The GANZ's 418s serie pushing a conmuter train at Debrecen station.

I thing there's not such Greek train if we don't add the typical OSE DUNAKESZI Driving trailers!!! Here they are in perfect condition!

P1060786BIS.jpg
The Upper Balkan serie. Picture 2: The DUNAKESZI Driving trailers serie heading a conmuter train at Debrecen station.

I hope all you will enjoy

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby christo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:25 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby BarbaPanagos » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

Really thank you BE, it's a pleasure to see those old ladies still rolling.

Keep shooting and posting while you are on your way to the South,
just don't forget to be down here in time
I send you shortly the details of your "mission" :D
(just give me some time, my laaptop is dead for good and I have to cope with the lousy tablet...)

BarbaPanagos

Postby BalkanExpress » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Now, I'm back in Spain, the 'moneymachine' is not to quickly as I need to cross the Balkans.

If there's any posibility to know the 'meeting date' in advance, please, let me know if it's still any possibility in flying there...

Some other pictures of our A251-261 across the country...now waiting to pull GySEV stock at Györ

P1050901bis.jpg
The Upper Balkan serie. Picture 3: The GANZ's 418s serie waiting for it's service at Györ station.

I posted this piscture because it's interesting always to see exhaust racks for weatering, for example

Regards

BalkanExpress
BalkanExpress

Postby Swede » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Having recently visisted Hungary i have now become very interested in their trains. Such a mix of old(er) and new. The very eclectic consists that can be seen.

During my visit i purchased two models, a Piko MÁV-TRAKCIÓ Traxx and a Fuggerth/VMC MÁV-START BDt cab car, and have since purchased a Fuggerth V43 aswell. But one car i am missing in model form is the one i rode from Budapest to Sátoraljaújhely: the Bpmee ex. ÖBB CityShuttle coaches. I know the ÖBB version has been released by Roco, but as i would like a MÁV-START version i am wondering what Tamiya spray paints are the closest to the real thing? Also, does anyone know where i can buy decals for it if there are any? I know a place where i could custom order some otherwise, but in that case i would need close-up pictures of the lettering and stuff on the cars. Something i did not think of when i rode them, unfortunately.

I haven't started the project yet, but i would like to start soon.
Swede

Postby Swede » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 am

A few days ago I uploaded all the video footage I got during my Hungarian trip to Youtube. It's filmed with my older digital camera, so the quality isn't the best, but I hope you enjoy! Next time, I promise the quality will be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X151qpXwUtY
Swede

Postby BarbaPanagos » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks Swede, it's always a pleasure to watch at the Hungarian rolling stock!
I wish some day to shoot again over there.
If you have any photos from your tripwe'd love to see them

BarbaPanagos

Postby Swede » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:00 am

Photos? I do have quite a few photos from that trip, actually, and I could post them here if you'd like. But it would take some time. Time I don't have right now, but I will post as soon as I can.

And as a matter of fact, by then I might even have a few more photos to show. ;)
Swede

Postby Swede » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 am

Do not worry, my friends, I have not forgotten what I wrote last time. I will post the pictures of my first visit to Budapest in due time. I am also hoping to share with you all the video I have made from my last trip to eastern Europe. A friend and I visited Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary in four days, and I stayed an extra day in Budapest. All we did was ride trains and trams (and a few buses) and take pictures. :D

While there I also purchased some more model trains, one of which just got me thinking, at 2 a.m. :lol:
When did they start putting the Eurofima titles on their locomotives? I have a Fuggerth V43 1208 since earlier, with the Eurofima titles, and I was thinking of running it with the same coaches as my newly purchased M61. This train consists of an Ap, BRy, By, Bhv and BDbh, and when pulled by the M61 it also has a VFK. (Speaking of the BRy, when were they retired?)

I have found one website that states that the last scheduled passenger train hauled by an M61 was in 2000, but they never got Eurofima titles, correct?

Some may consider me a rivet counter, but I just want my trains to be prototypical.
Swede

PreviousNext

Return to European & World Trains