Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Postby Dimitris » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:35 am

Hi people, and good morning.

I wanted to add to the subject of the refrigerator wagon some things about locomotives, but as here, is the locomotive section, it's correct to say it here, that I don't have even a greek locomotive yet, but the locomotives that I will buy (if I find them :oops: ) in the future for upgrading them to PROTO: 87, are:
- the OSE ADtranz,
- the OSE A367 (gallida - ALSTHOM),
- the OSE A451-470 MLW high-nose (I prefer only the high nose one)
I know the last 2 need painting and decals. However, I like them unpainted, too, when assembled. I like the white-metal color a lot.
I prefer from all greek train models, the Balkan model kits, because they are very accurate. As I show from photos of the 2 last above-mentioned locomotives from the BALKAN MODELS site, they look very real like the prototype. An advantage is, that they have many metal parts.

The only locomotives (they don't have DCC - they need DCC-decoder and sound-decoder), I have now, and I will upgrade, are:
- DB (Deutsche Bundesbahn) diesel-hydraulic (ελιγμών / πορείας / switching / mainline) V100 1142 (V100.10), from LEMACO HO 1988 (I bought it used from ebay in 2007). However, it has RP25 Code 88 wheelsets, but they may be upgraded to PROTO: 87 wheelsets, by removing only the wheels, and living the same axles for adding the 10.9mm -diameter wheels (= 950mm exactly to the prototype). It has single flywheel, and it's made by Samhongsa in Korea.
- DB (Deutsche Bundesbahn) 120.0 electric from LIMA HO 1990/91 (bought from Pantazopoulos, Athens in 1991). I have to make some changes in the buffer-beam as well as changing the wheelsets to PROTO: 87. It has double flywheel and double drive.
- C44-9W (DASH-9) 4400HP from ATHEARN diesel-electric (bought it from a railway exhibition in Derby in 2003 used). Already upgraded to PROTO: 87 with wheels from PROTO: 87 STORES (USA) (12,262mm in HO (1: 87) = 1066,8mm / and or 42'' (Imperial system) in prototype) and "buck-eye" - couplings from SERGENT ENGINEERING (USA). It has also MU- hoses (multiple-unit) from OMI / OVERLAND MODELS, and hand rails on the top of the snowplough (Schneepflug), constructed by 0.3mm - wire. It also needs 1.5Volts light-bulbs for constant-lighting, but I think that these light will be controled by DCC when added. It has double flywheel and double drive.

Mainly, I want to concentrate on Greek locomotives and then on the ones mentioned. I am not interested any more in foreign - european or american ones. I know, that all of them have also DCC-ready. As I said greek trains are unique, and I respect them too much.

Thanx

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dimitris

Re: Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Postby 2143 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:14 am

Hello dimitris, :)

the Photos of your Model-Locos in Gauge 1:87 are wonderful! To the photo of the Diesel-locomotive V100 of the German State Railway I can give you the following technical informations:

Year of building: between 1955 and 1959
Horse Power:1350 PS
Maximum Speed: 100 km/h
Length over all: 12 100 mm
Engine:MTU MB 12 V 652 TA

The model railroad company Lemaco is an exclusive suisse model railroad company with very high quality in building locomotives in Gauge 1:87.

Have a nice and sunny weekend!

Best regards

Erwin

Postby Dimitris » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 am

Thank you very much Erwin.

The data you have given me are very helpful.

Have a nice weekend, too.

Best regards,

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby 2143 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 am

Thank`s for your answer to me! I`ll like to have a friendship with you, if you like this. Please give me an answer to this subject!

Best regards

Erwin

Postby Dimitris » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello Erwin.

Not a problem. we can be friends, OK. You are also very polite.

As I said before, my concentration would be to greek train modelling in HO (1: 87).

I also want to add, that I like the locomotives:

- ALCO Co-Co, A321-326 high-nose, definetely, I have to construct it from ARkits class45.
- ALCO Co-Co, A301-310 world locomotives, probably from ELECTROTREN class 1602 of RENFE.

Regards

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby 2143 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:24 pm

first of all thank you, that you`ve accepted my friendship-offer!

And now I`ll can give you a lot of names of american locomotive building companies:

Alco= american locomotive company
EMD= electric motive division
GE= General Electric
GM= General Motors
Manchester Locomotive works
Lima Locomotives
Baldwin

And now, some legendary diesel locomotives :

E 5
GP 38
F 7
RF-16 Shark
SD-40-2
B 40-8 W
GP 40-2

Last but not least, some legendary steam locomotives:
Challenger Class 800
Daylight
Big Boy Class 4000

I`ll hope you`ve enjoyed my information about these legendary locomotives!

I wish you a very nice and sunny weekend!

With best regards

Your friend

Erwin

Postby Dimitris » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 am

Hello Erwin once more.

Thanx for the reply once more and for the information. I already know those companies and data. OK.

Also, I want to add that the EMD SDs (i.e.) SD60 have 3-axled bogies, and the EMD GPs have 2-axled ones with a "slide" (like in the C.I.W.L. passenger cars) for secondary suspension. I thonk you already know those information.

As I see, you like american locomotives.

Also your name here is from the diesel-hydraulic locomotive of the class 2143 of the ÖBB. Are you from Austria, or England? I understand from your name here in this forum, that you like austrian rolling-stock, too? right?

Have a nice Sunday.

Actually, it's very hot here in Greece. Too much heat in the summers. On Tuesday will have 38degrees. Even I will melt

Regards

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby 2143 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 am

You`re right, that I like austrian rolling stocks. And yes,I like also american Locomotives, especially diesel-engines. I`m from Germany, exactly from Lower-Bavaria(Niederbayern).
My hometown is : Postal code:D-94315 Straubing.

If you want to know more about me(Profession, Hobbbies,Family ) send me a message.

And if you want informations of LocomotiveBuildingCompanies you can also send me a message.

Germany is actually a melting-pot with 39 Degrees Celsius!

Best regards from Germany your friend
Erwin
NS: Can you give me technical informations about diesel-locomotives of the OSE?

Postby 2143 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm

hello dimitris my friend,

Excuse me, that I`ll wrote to you so late, but I `ll was very disapointed about a very good friend of me. He has a great AC-Model-Railway(20 m²) Last week I`ll ringed on
his house. His wife told me, that he isn`t at home, but in the background I`ll heard him laughing. He`s not longer my friend.

Now a question to you: Did you made similar experiences?

I`ll wish you a very nice weekend!

With best regards

your friend erwin

Postby 2143 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 am

Hello Dimitris, my dear friend, :)

I`ll be very proud to have you as friend!!! I`ll have some questions to you:

1. As you know, I`m a great fan of greek model-lokomotives in gauge 1:87, AC. Can you send me informations aboute greek-model-railroad-companies,so that I`ll
can write to these companies for informations about the models?

2. Another hobby of me is collecting stamps with railroad motives. Can you send me stamps to my postal adress?

3. I`ve reed in some railroad-magazines, that the OSE is in financial difficulties. is this true?

With warm and best regards

your friend erwin

Next

Return to Members Modelling Projects, Layouts & Collections