Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Re: German Railways DB

Postby Dimitris » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:44 am

Handrails of the body-shell, painted of the DB, Epoche IV, hopper wagon (Selbstentladewagen), production-series: Fad167:

Fad167 a:
Imageside-1 (red arrows)
Imageside-2 (blue arrows)

Fad167 b:
Imageside-1 (red arrows)
Imageside-2 (blue arrows)

Last part to be added, please see the brake-cylinder & balancers, as a connection of both air-hoses. It won't be a ROCO one, it would by fine brass castings and etched ones of the type KE (by UIC).
Imagegreen arrows

Dimitris
Dimitris

Re: Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Postby Dimitris » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Concerning the:
1./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IV, Kühlwagen, Bauart: Ibblps-v [Kühlwagen des Sonderbauarts], LIMA HO - READY, THE FOLLOWING: LEAF-SPRINGS, HANDRAILS OF THE BODY-SHELL. THE REST MUST BE CONSTRUCTED, AS WELL AS SOME HANDMADE PARTS, I.E. BUFFERPLANKS, COUPLING-POCKETS.

I have handmade the handrails. The pics show them installed but not superglued yet. They have to be painted dark grey first, and then superglued.

Note:
Red-arrows: side-1
Blue-arrows: side-2

Imageside-1
Imageside-1

Imageside-2

I will post more pics after painting.

Following, the HANDMADE BUFFERPLANK, probably this weekend.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:30 pm

1./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IV, Kühlwagen, Bauart: Ibblps-v [Kühlwagen des Sonderbauarts], LIMA HO - READY, THE FOLLOWING: LEAF-SPRINGS, HANDRAILS OF THE BODY-SHELL. THE REST MUST BE CONSTRUCTED, AS WELL AS SOME HANDMADE PARTS, I.E. BUFFERPLANKS, COUPLING-POCKETS.

The HANDMADE BUFFERPLANK as I have promised, side-1 (red arrows), temporary placed - more pics folow for the other side, too:

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

The side-2 of the HANDMADE BUFFERPLANK as I have promised (blue arrows). In this side, one of the buffer-holes is drilled a little more, such as to place the buffer-backs (Spannplatte) to the correct distance apart - 20,1mm, according to P87-standrards, before the sprung-buffers placed:

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:45 pm

The HANDMADE coupling-pocket:
Imageside-1
Imageside-2

Note:
Red-arrows: pocket-sides
Blue-arrow: pocket
Green-arrow: hook

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

Re: German Railways DB

Postby Dimitris » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Fad167a: better views I think..on my under-construction P87-modul 2

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:15 am

Concerning the:
3./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche III/IV, Hochbordwagen, Bauart: OOfs (1990) [Offenerwagen des Regelabauarts], bogies MINDEN/SIEGEN (with leaf-springs)

the UIC-steps (Rangierertritte), are taken-off the SBB Rilns (as that has wider and different UIC ones), and installed (soldered) to it.

NOTE
- Red arrows: side-1
- Blue arrows: side-2

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Concerning the:
3./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche III/IV, Hochbordwagen, Bauart: OOfs (1990) [Offenerwagen des Regelabauarts], bogies MINDEN/SIEGEN (with leaf-springs)

Bufferplank painted.

Side-1:

Side-2:

ΝΟΤΕS.
- Couplings will be installed, when the airbrake-hoses + shunting-handrails will be installed first.
- The part were the airbrake-hoses will be installed is unpainted, such as to solder them, and then will be painted totally.

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Concerning the:

2./ SNCF, Epoche IV, Bauart: TGV Sud-Est, orange, LIMA HO (1983, from starter-set).

Bufferplank ready for parts installation.
Imageside-1: Red arrows - holes for sprung-buffers + blue arrow - hole for coupling-pocket and then screw-coupling
Imageside-2: green arrows - holes for sprung-buffers + purple arrow - hole for coupling-pocket and then screw-coupling

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Concerning the:

LIMA HO (I have that from 1991 - I won't buy another one):
DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Baureihe: 120.0 (KRUPP / KRAUSS MAFFEI), 1979-80, Achsfolge: Bo-Bo, rot-beige, 15kV 16,7Hz Wechelstrom (A.C.)http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB-Baureihe_120 - THIS IS OPERATIONAL BUT NEEDS THE FOLLOWING:HANDMADE BUFFERPLANKS + P87 - WHEELSETS + D.C.C. + Sound-decoder with modification to digital from analogue. Proposed system ESU. It has also handmade handrails from 0,3mm (small ones ) and 0,5mm (on the doors - each side) steel wire (WEINERT) on the body-shell. It also needs pantographs (Stromabnehmer)... I probably ask LEMATEC from old LEMACO DB models HO, i.e. DB BR103, that are exactly the same to the prototype and operational. They have some spare parts. I won't use the SOMERFELD ones, as they don't look exactly to the prototype.

I present some pics of the analogue-wiring, I 've made it a 1000 times. Imagine that even a small wire to be cut from the stranded-wires the motion is not smooth, meaning that it has voltage / tension - drop (πτώση τάσης), but I know that everyone knows that! Now, the motion is very smooth, by using my old LIMA transformer from starter-set (1983). OK! As you see, I separated the motor (red arrow) from the lights (if needed for the D.C.C. :? ), by a small-plug. Lights, I think they will be LED, and NOT 1,5Volts like, i.e. LEMATEC, uses, as they bunrn easilty. I may use either ESU /and or DIGITRAX decoders. The only thing I have to do, is to re-wire it, and install also the 8-pin-plug for D.C.C. & Sound-decoder. If anyone has to propose anything about the re-wiring and D.C.C., please let me know.
Imageside-1
Imageside-2

For the rest of the upgrade by P87 standards, as long as I improve it, I will post more.

Dimitris

P.S. The motor and the transmission-parts were found used from e-bay.
Dimitris

PreviousNext

Return to Members Modelling Projects, Layouts & Collections