Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Re: Dimitrios Kostopoulos - ROLLING-STOCK + LOCOMOTIVES BY P87 STANDARDS

Postby Dimitris » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Concerning again the:

2./ SNCF, Epoche IV, Bauart: TGV Sud-Est, orange, LIMA HO (1983), from starter-set).

Hook of the support of couplings-chain during train-motion - READY.

SIDE-1 (green arrows)

SIDE-2 (blue arrows)

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Concerning the:

1./ LIMA HO, DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IΙΙ, Bauart: WRmüh62, Speisewagen TEE/RHEINGOLD, D.S.G. (Deutsche Shlafwagen & Speisewagen Gesellschaft), blau-beige, bogies MINDEN/DEUTZ (type: MD50) with double generators (Klotzbremse)- one short and one STANDARD long - READY IN P87 WHEELSETS AND BOGIES (FROM ALPHA-TRAINS) BUT MODIFIED, BUT ALSO NEEDS HANDMADE BUFFERPLANKS AND THEIR OPERATIONAL PARTS, CONNECTIONS OF THE EXISTING-PARTS OF THE BRAKE-SYSTEM + INTERIOR LIGHTING.

Test of interior lighting with old 12V 60mA light-bulbs that I have them from 2003. The contacts for accepting interior lighting are ready.
Imageside-1
Imageside-2

I probably use the ESU either:

- 50700 (255mm) warm-white / and or
- 50702 (255mm) yellow

Technical data:
Supply voltage 4 - 24V = / ~
Constant brightness from 6V
Current consumption:
50700: max. 25mA
50702: max. 35mA
Dimensions 255mm x 7mm

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Concerning again the:

2./ SNCF, Epoche IV, Bauart: TGV Sud-Est, orange, LIMA HO (1983, from starter-set).
Sprung-buffers ready. Length of whole-buffer fixed to 620mm in prototype (by UIC) = 7.126mm in 1: 87 scale (HO), which means that the length of the buffer-sprung-movement is 105mm in prototype by UIC = 1,207mm in HO.
Side-1: red arrows
Side-2: blue arrows

Imageside-1
Imageside-2
Imagesides 1 & 2

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:40 pm

UPDATE:

Concerning the following locomotives mentioned in earlier posts:
1./ GE (General Electric), DASH-9 44CW / C44-9W (4400HP), Co-Co, diesel-electric, UP (Union Pacific), ATHEARN HO (1995)
2./ KRUPP, KRAUSS MAFFEI, SIEMENS, HENSCHEL, BR (Baureihe / Construction-series): 120.0, Bo-Bo, Electric, DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), LIMA HO (1991)

They won't be converted to PROTO: 87 - standards, and are only for sale, whoever wants them.

The future locomotives to be converted to P87-standards, will be only greek / hellenic ones:
1./ ADtranz A471-496 (220 class), with NEW ΟΣΕ logo, diesel-electric, Bo-Bo, ΟΣΕ/CH, ALPHA-TRAINS HO - probably
2./ S160, USATC (to be converted to ΣΕΚ-ΟΣΕ Θγ), 2-8-0, either from ROCO HO, Art.Nr. 72150 /and or from DJH HO -probably

as well as probably some European ones, i.e.:
1./ Rh2143, B-B, diesel-hydraulic, ÖBB, ROCO HO - 95%,
2./ Rh2045, B-B, diesel-hydraulic, ÖBB, ROCO HO,
3./ V218, B-B, diesel-hydraulic, DB, ROCO HO,
4./ V221, B-B, diesel-hydraulic, blau/beige, DB, ROCO HO

NOTE. - The "100%" means that I will definetely convert them to PROTO: 87 - standards, and I will use them to my future PROTO: 87 - layout from modules.
- The "probably" means, either I will convert them to PROTO: 87 - standards, and thus use them to my future PROTO: 87 - layout from modules /and or not buy them at all, as I would be satisfied with 2 locomotives for the beginning in my P87 - layout.

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Concerning again the:

2./ SNCF, Epoche IV, Bauart: TGV Sud-Est, orange, LIMA HO (1983, from starter-set).

The hollow part of the wagon-ends was made flat for adding the tyre wagen-ends (Wagenübergänge).
Side-1: green arrows, light blue arrows - air-hoses
Side-2: green arrows, light blue arrows - air-hoses

Imageside-1
Imageside-2

NOTE. I didn't use polystyrol as I didn't have such as to have a very flat result, but I used hard-paper, as I had it available. I believe that with the cover from the tyres, the differences will not be so visual, as in the prototype the tyres cover in a freat percent these parts.

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Concerning the:

2./ DB AG (Deutsche Bahn Aktiengesellschaft), Epoche V, Schwenkdachwagen, Bauart: Taems [Güterwagen mit ofnungsfähigem Dach], bogies Υ25 of the welded type [geschweißte Ausführung] - READY MODIFIED ON THE BODY-SHELL, BUT NEEDS A CHASSIS, BECAUSE I HAD AN ACCIDENT LAST YEAR ON THIS. I MAY FIND FROM ΕΒΑΥ. DETAILS READY, BUT NEED CHASSIS.... :(

1./ The chassis was re-fixed and straightened (red arrows).

2./ The bufferplanks were refixed and reinforced (red lines). The high-powered buffers (Hochleistungspuffer) were installed. Bufferplate-dia.: 370mm = 4,3mm in HO, Bufferlength: 620mm by UIC = 7,126mm in HO (yellow arrows), as well as the buffer-backs (Spannplatte) (blue arrows), and finally the HANDMADE protection-hooks of the screw-chain (green arrow).

Imageside-1
Imageside-1
Imageside-2
Imageside-2

3./ The HANDMADE shunting-handrails were made 1,5 years ago.

4./ The Y25 bogies of the cast-edition (geschweißte Ausführung) will be used with prototype-wheel-dia.: 920mm by UIC = 10,57mm in HO, P87 wheelsets of the construction-series: BA02 that are used in both editions of Y25 bogies by UIC. They have the correct color of the chassis. They are taken from the SBB CFF Rilns Schiebeplanenwagen, Art.Nr.47606.

Dimitris
Last edited by Dimitris on Sun May 31, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm

In continuation for the:

2./ DB AG (Deutsche Bahn Aktiengesellschaft), Epoche V, Schwenkdachwagen, Bauart: Taems [Güterwagen mit ofnungsfähigem Dach], bogies Υ25 of the welded type [geschweißte Ausführung] - READY MODIFIED ON THE BODY-SHELL, BUT NEEDS A CHASSIS, BECAUSE I HAD AN ACCIDENT LAST YEAR ON THIS. I MAY FIND FROM ΕΒΑΥ. DETAILS READY, BUT NEED CHASSIS.... :(

The long and short hanged handrails (Griffstange) of the body-shell were installed (yellow arrows) .
Imageleft-side
Imageleft-side
Imageright-side (holes for UIC-steps - green arrows)
Imageright-side

The following have to be done:
1./ Installation of UIC-screw-couplers
2./ Installation of UIC-air-hoses and connection to the brake-system.
3./ Installation of shunting-handrails.
4./ Re-construction (Umbau) of the existing brake-system, i.e. balancers, levers, brake-cylinder, etc..
5./ P87 BA02 wheelsets that are used on both editions of Y25 bogies by UIC.

T: Wagen mit öffnungsfähigem Dach (wagons with function-operated-roof)
a: mit 4 Achsen (with 4 axles)
e: Drehgestellwagen mit Schwenkdach (wagon with bogies with turning-roof)
m: Wagen mit Länge über Puffer (LüP) 14m und mehr (wagon with length over buffers of 14m and more)
s: Höchstgeswindigkeit 100km/h (maximum speed 100km/h)

Dimitris
Dimitris

Postby Dimitris » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:14 pm

Concerning the:

3./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche III/IV, Hochbordwagen, Bauart: OOfs (1990) [Offenerwagen des Regelabauarts], bogies MINDEN/SIEGEN (with leaf-springs).
Imageside-1
Imageside-2
Imagechassis complete repainted
Imageside-1, destination-boards (Zettelhalter), green-arrow
Imageside-2, destination-boards (Zettelhalter), green-arrow
Imageside-1, airbrake-hose (Bremssclauch) added (green-arrow)
Imageside-2, airbrake-hose (Bremsschlauch) added (green-arrow)

Dimitris
Dimitris

Re: German Railways DB

Postby Dimitris » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Concerning the:

2./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IV, Hochbordwagen, Bauart: Eaos106 (1991) [Offenerwagen des Regelbauarts] bogies Υ25 of the welded type [geschweißte Ausführung]

1./ UIC-screw-couplers installed (blue arrow, 1st & 2nd photos). Distance (Abstand) between end of coupling-hook and end of bufferplate, appr.3,7mm < 3,9mm by P87 standards.
2./ Buffers (red-arrows, 1st & 2nd photos), bufferplank, and new HANDMADE UIC-coupler-pocket (yellow arrows, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th photos), painted with RAL8012.
3./ UIC-destination-boards (Zettelhalter) installed (red arrows, 5th & 6th photos).
4./ Wooden-stripes on the ground as per prototype (7th photo).
5./ Only the UIC-brake-releαsers (Lösezüge) needed to be installed (hangers - blue-arrows + releasers - red-arrow, respectively, 12th photo).

Dimitris
Dimitris

Re: German Railways DB

Postby Dimitris » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 pm

Concerning the:

2./ DB (ex - Deutsche Bundesbahn), Epoche IV, Hochbordwagen, Bauart: Eaos106 (1991) [Offenerwagen des Regelbauarts] bogies Υ25 of the welded type [geschweißte Ausführung]

The UIC-brake-releαsers (Lösezüge) are installed, and the wagon is 100% complete!

Imageyellow arrows
Imageside-1, yellow arrows
Imageside-1, yellow arrows
Imageside-2, yellow arrows
Imageside-2, yellow arrows
Imageblue arrows, Agios Ioannis Rentis, 02.10.2015. That's what is supposed to be by UIC.

Dimitris

P.S. In next e-mail, the measurements.
Dimitris

PreviousNext

Return to Members Modelling Projects, Layouts & Collections