OSE ''KIOLEIDIKA'' Greece 2004

Re: OSE ''KIOLEIDIKA'' Greece 2004

Postby Andreas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:45 am

Hi Rainerg,

I have the Kioleidis coaches in my building que....I use as a base the Roco Railjet coaches in which I will chop of the windows and make new and replace the SGP400 bogies with SGP300 ones from roco. Of course more alterations are needed but the roof is correct and the general proporsions. It will be a comprimise but I guess I will reach 95% of accuracy.

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas

Postby Rainerg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:33 am

Good morning Andreas,

thank you for your information!
Could you post any pictures from your models ...? would be great!!
When I look at these Kioleidika coaches I first think (specially because of the roof) to the Modularwagen from ÖBB (Bmpz and others)
which are available from Railtop and Heris (13013 and others) but also from Roco (45502).
Do they have already the right boogies ...?
regards
Rainer
Rainerg

Postby Andreas » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:06 pm

thank you for your information!
Could you post any pictures from your models ...? would be great!!
When I look at these Kioleidika coaches I first think (specially because of the roof) to the Modularwagen from ÖBB (Bmpz and others)
which are available from Railtop and Heris (13013 and others) but also from Roco (45502).
Do they have already the right boogies ...?
regards

Hi Raiunerg,

I havent converted them yet. They are still in the boxes as Railjet. I was also looking at the Modularwagen but the problem is the roof. The roof is not correct from the profile and it is rounded. The Railjet ones are correct. I bought the bogies of the Modularwagen (SGP-300) as a spare part from APC Adams in ther Ruhrpott :lol: and you can clip them on the Railjet coach without a problem. In both cases you need to convert the windows so why bother with the modularwagen to convert also the roof?

Cheers
Andreas

P.S. I bought the Railjet coaches as a reduced price last year from Schmitt-Wissen for 44€ I think. I will wait again to buy some more (I have 5) as the standard price from roco is ouch... :(
Andreas

Postby Rainerg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi Andreas,

If Roco Railjet coaches are o.k. - then Jägerndorfer should also be o.k. ... or?
Where do I could get the correct decals for these Kioleidika coaches ...?
Can you help me out here?
regards
Rainer
Rainerg

Postby JohnP » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Last edited by JohnP on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnP

Postby Andreas » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi Andreas,

If Roco Railjet coaches are o.k. - then Jägerndorfer should also be o.k. ... or?
Where do I could get the correct decals for these Kioleidika coaches ...?
Can you help me out here?
regards
Rainer

Hi Rainer,

the answer to that is probably yes. I havent had the coaches in my hands and there are 2 things that you should take into account:

1) How is the coupler between the coaches? The rocos that I have are w/o interio lighting and they have a NEM pocket.
2) Can the Roco SGP-300 bogies clip onto the Jägerndorfer coaches without a problem?

Decals...in due time when I get on with the project.

I like the way you both are thinking! I am no where near able to convert one of these at my present skill level, but if anyone does do a conversion and makes a couple extra there will be a ready market for them ;)

When I will do the conversion I will show it here. I won't make any extras as I lack the time but one can tackle the problem if somebody has already done it..... :roll:

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas

Postby Olympus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 am

H0 model from Bombardier MÁV Kft.

Photo from "Peter 1047-001" hungarian forum http://forum.index.hu

OSE Bmpz.jpg
Olympus

Postby Andreas » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:15 pm

I have been following the topic that Rainer started in Drehscheibe. Here is an interesting answer from one poster there that I wish to comment.

http://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/ ... sg-7746038

The user corretly points out that the nearest coach to work with would be the OeBB Bcmz from Heris. There are some problems with this undetaking:

1) The windows dont match. Especially from one side they are completely asymetrical and you would need to take an operation...the only problem is that half of the windows will look different from the other (to handmake them the same like the manufacturer is almost imposible).
2) The Austrian coach runs on SGP-400 bogies. The problem is to obtain Heris SGP-300 bogies (I dont think Heris ever made them but for sure Railtop when they were in trade with the other two companies) that would match the pivot point. I dont know if you can adapt Roco bogies.
3) The most signifincant problem IS OBTAINING the Bcmz coach....it was produced once, Heris is not really a producer that holds his promises and you dont find any on the market....you would need at least 3 to make a Chalkis RE composition and that is an imposible task to manage.

I talked to Mr. Hammerschmitt from Heris in Cologne exhibition about 7 years ago if he would be willing to change the forms to match at least one type of greek coach (Bmz or Bmpz)....of course you all know the answer.

The Roco Railjet is correct in a lot of points. Getting SGP-300 replacement bogies is no problem as they are available as spare parts and the coaches are readily available on the market. They need though more work that the Heris coach.

Cheers
Andreas
Andreas

Postby christo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 am

BM CG Amz Aug16a.JPG

Photo Balkanmodels: August 2016 at NES Thessaloniki. A 1nd class Amz decorated by the Greek artisans.

christo.
christo
Site Admin

Postby christo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:23 am

BM CG Amz Aug16b.JPG

Photo Balkanmodels: August 2016 at NES Thessaloniki. The same 'decorated' 1nd class Amz. It shouldn't be so difficult to trace those tags, find the culprits, lock them in jail for vandalism of public property :evil: ... but it seems that no one cares :cry: .

christo.
christo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Greek Standard Gauge Passenger Carriages